Pastor Justin Buzzard recently contacted Darrow Miller to thank him for Lifework. He also gave us a link to a sermon he preached earlier this year from Genesis on the topic of work, Put In the Garden.
Here are some excerpts from this outstanding message:
- Are you what you wanted to be when you grow up?
- Where do you get your ideas about work?
- Do you live for the weekends because that’s where real life is?
- In Genesis, God gets his hands in the dirt. God gives dignity to all work because he himself is a worker.
- God “put the man in the garden of Eden to work it and to keep it.” God does gardening and uses this work to describe what we are going to do.
- God answers our prayer for daily bread by the farmer that planted and harvested the grain … the truck drivers who hauled the crop … the factory workers in the plants .. the weinvestors who are backing the plan … the advertisers and the legislators and the bakers … These people were all instrumental in enabling you to butter your toast this morning!
- All workers are like gardeners. What garden has God put you in right now?
Go here to listen to the rest.
– Gary Brumbelow